the smoothie diet

Veggies Add Vim to Low-Fat Diet

You can lower your cholesterol with a low fat diet. But you get double the bang for your buck if you eat many vegetables, fruits and whole grains.

For years, Americans were instructed to avoid fats. But it is not enough to avoid unhealthy foods. New diet guidelines emphasize the value of eating many healthy foods: vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans.

How much is the new advice? At least twice as good, find the Stanford Christopher Gardner, PhD and Colleagues researcher. Gardner's team discovers that people who eat a low-fat diet decrease their cholesterol. But those who just eat only fats and eat many double-paced diet cholesterol lowering power.

"says Gardner in a news version. "We were not really giving a fair diet shake. We were so focused on the negative - just what to avoid - and not what to include."

Healthy Diet For Fat Loss And Muscle Gain - Veggies Add Vim to Low-Fat Diet

Healthy Diet For Fat Loss And Muscle Gain

The reinforced diet with vegetable food is not strictly vegetarian. It is simply rich in food known to reduce cholesterol. These include soy-based foods, garlic, soluble fiber (supplied by food like oats, barley, psilio and beans), whole grains and nuts.

So, what is most important - simply avoiding lots of fat or eating good foods? Gardner's team asked 120 people to help answer this question. These 30 to 65 year old had "bad" cholesterol moderately high LDL, ranging from 130 to 190 mg / dL. None was obese, and everyone was in good health.

For four weeks, half of the volunteers adopted the old-fashioned fat and half-trial diet attached to a low-fat diet and factory. To minimize cheating, the researchers fed them dinner every day and gave them a cooler full of food for the rest of the time.

Diets were fat and balered calorie so no one won or lost weight. Some of the study participants were, in fact, overweight. Losing weight is a good way to cut your cholesterol. But the study was designed to analyze the effects of diet and no weight loss.

continued exactly what did they eat? Here is a sample menu for each group:

low fat diet:

  • Breakfast: Frozen waffles, butter, syrup, apple juice, coffee and low milk / li>
  • Morning snack: apple grape juice and nonfat raspberry yogurt
  • Lunch: Turkey-Bologna Sandwich, Clear potato chips, caffeine diet cocaine
  • Lunch Lunch: Lemon cake pudding and milk with low fat content
  • Dinner: Garden Lasagna, Iceberg lettuce salad, French dining roll, margarine, coffee
  • UL>

    Low-fat "Plus" Diet:

    • Breakfast: Whole bread, sunflower seed butter, smoothie, yogurt, tea, grapes
    • Morning snack: soy nuts, dry sunsets of the sun
    • Lunch: Hamburger Temphh with vegetables and cheddar cheese on brown bread
    • Afternoon snack: black licorice
    • Dinner: Parsley pesto and soba noodles, garlic butter, and spinfre and mandarin salad with sesame, egg, odwalla juice superfood, and tea

    after four weeks, those in the low fat group, cut their "bad" cholesterol levels 4.6%. Those in the Low-Fat-Plus group received an extra reduction of 4.7%, for a total LDL cholesterol from 9.3%. The findings appear in the May 3 edition of anais of internal medicine.

    Veggies Add Vim To Low-Fat Diet


    People taking the powerful low cholesterol drugs known as statins receive about 25% to 35% fall in LDL cholesterol.

    The diet can have such a powerful effect, write David Ja Jenkins, MD, PhD, DSC and colleagues in an editorial that accompanies the Gardner study. In previous studies, the Jenkins team reported powerful cholesterol reduction effects for diets containing a "portfolio" of cholesterol lowering foods.

    "The plant-based diet studied by Gardner and colleagues occupies an intermediary, bridge position between conventional low-fat diets in saturated fat ... and drug therapy", Jenkins and colleagues write. The study of "Gardner and colleagues also points to the advantage of combining various plant-based diet strategies and forms a connection with diets using more concentrated fonts of plant food components."

    Jenkins and colleagues note that cholesterol lowering diets can be used in combination with cholesterol lowering drugs - both to achieve the maximum reduction effects of cholesterol and avoid the side effects of high doses of Drugs.

    Sorry, but Low-Carb and Low Fat Diets Get Pretty Much the Same Results - Healthy Diet For Fat Loss And Muscle Gain

    tags: best sarms for fat loss, weight loss tattoo, fat loss dinner, weight loss with jogging, faster way to fat loss back office

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
the smoothie diet


the smoothie diet
the smoothie diet